Our Company Policy
Your Personal Data
- Information about you: your name, gender, age, date of birth, HKID card/identification document number, phone number, fax number, residential address, corresponding address, email address, signature, biometrics data, and biomedical specimens;
- Information to process your order or use of our Services: credit card information, bio-medical data, medical records, medical reports, medical images, and medical photos;
- Information relating to your associated organisation, friend(s), or family member(s): the name of the organisation, title in the organisation, your staff/membership number of such organisation, the name of your friend(s) or family member(s), your relationship with the friend(s) or family member(s), their HKID card/identification document number(s), and their signature;
- Additional information you may wish to provide us with: your occupation, education level, hobbies, favourite activities, social media contacts, and any other information you may disclose at any time.
The purpose of collecting Personal Data will be determined before or at the time of collection.
All personal data collected on this website will be used solely for the purpose for which it was collected, for purposes directly related to, to assist you in making enquiries or appointments, for other related purposes, or for any other purpose that may be agreed between you and us, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law or court order.
The purposes for collecting your Personal Data include without limitation to:
- to determine and verify your eligibility for using our Services;
- to enable us to store your Personal Data and identify possible multiple applications and obtain records of your use of our Services across our group of companies from time to time;
- to enable the provision of our Services to you, including customer services such as handling complaints and account inquiries, order processing, appointment arrangement, processing of insurance claims, and processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of our Services, medical testing and diagnosis, laboratory services including testing services etc.;
- to create customised communications according to your interests and preferences so as to give you the best client experience while using our Services. We may also make use of data analytics tools to determine the effectiveness of our offers, advertisements and promotions and your interest in new products or services so as to customise the products or services to be presented to you;
- to optimise our Services, websites, mobile applications and other online platforms through various means including but not limited to the use of data analytics tools, research, surveys and feedback forms so that we may review and improve our business, marketing and strategic operations and plans;
- to determine and verify your eligibility for discounts and promotions on our Services;
- to process applications or renewal applications for services provided by our business partners on your behalf;
- as direct marketing of our Services or services of our business partners subject to the section headed “Direct Marketing” below;
- to enable you to participate in the interactive features of our Services, including identifying your friends or individuals, and sharing or communicating with them your shopping experience at your own will;
- as fraud prevention and detection;
- for auditing purposes;
- to make such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules, and regulations; and
- for all other purposes ancillary to the above purposes.
If necessary, we may transfer your Personal Data to places outside of Hong Kong for carrying out the purposes, or for the directly related purposes, for which the Personal Data is to be collected. All such transfers will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the Ordinance.
Furthermore, subject to relevant laws, rules and regulations, we may from time to time use your Personal Data collected through our various systems/platforms and other interactions with you in direct marketing (see Direct Marketing below).
Retention of the information
We will keep Personal Data until the purpose for which it is collected or the directly related purpose consented by you has been fulfilled. Unless such Personal Data is retained to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations, such Personal Data will be erased, deleted, destroyed or anonymized to render such information unidentifiable or unusable after fulfilling the purpose.
Computer data is stored on computer systems and storage media whose access is strictly controlled. Where we hold, use and/or transmit your Personal Data, it will be adequately protected against accidental and/or unauthorized access, disclosure, copy, use, destruction or modification.
Use of personally identifiable information collected
All Personal Data we hold will be kept confidential. However, when disclosure to a third party is necessary to satisfy the one or more of the purposes stated above (see Privacy Data above), we will provide such information to following list of classes of transferees (who may be located within or outside of Hong Kong), including but not limited to:
- Any subsidiaries, holding companies, associate companies or affiliates of, or companies controlled by us;
- Any other person or company who is under a duty of confidentiality to us and who has undertaken to keep such information confidential and has a legitimate right to such information;
- Our distributors, agents, contractors, suppliers, healthcare providers, healthcare professionals and other telecommunications, information service providers and content providers and any other third party service provider;
- Our professional advisers, including accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organizations, as required or authorized by law.
All Personal Data you provide to us is secured on our website and can only be accessed by our authorised persons. Those data may be provided by us to any other person, including a member of our group of companies, our auditors, accountants, or lawyers, whom has undertaken to keep such information confidential; financial institutions, insurance companies, credit card companies; law enforcement agencies, governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organizations; and our related companies.
Direct Marketing (if applicable)
We may use your Personal Data (including your name and email address) for direct marketing communications after we have received your consent when you provide your Personal Data. The types of direct marketing activities include providing you with information and details in connection with the latest news, events, updates, contests, discounts, promotions, offers; products, services and rewards which relate to our Services. If you wish to unsubscribe from the direct marketing communications, you can find and click on the unsubscribe link in each of the promotional emails, and we will opt you out of the mailing listing. Alternatively, you can reach our customer service by calling +852 2111 2201 for an un-subscription.
When you browse our website, unless otherwise stated, we will only record your visit and will not collect any personally identifiable information about you. Cookies, if any, used on any part of this website will not be deployed for collecting personally identifiable information.
For your information, Cookies are computer files stored on a viewer's computer to obtain configuration information and analyze the browsing habits of the viewer. Cookies prevent you from logging in again when you revisit the Site and are often used to track your preferences related to the subject matter of the website. You may choose not to accept Cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use or enable certain features available on this website.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from any juvenile (any person under the age of 18) and do not advise juveniles to use our Services. Unless permitted by law and approved by the guardian, juveniles are not allowed to register an account or send personal information such as their name, telephone or email address to us. If we negligently collect any information about juveniles, we will delete it as soon as we become aware of it. Please contact us if you think that we may be holding data from or about any juvenile.
Access to, correction and deletion of Personal Data
You can submit a written request to access, correct and/or delete the Personal Data you provide to us by sending an email at email@example.com or by a registered letter to the address to the Administration Department of MediQ Health Service (Asia) Limited, Unit 02, 23/F, New World Tower 1, 18 Queen's Road Central, Central, Hong Kong in accordance with the Ordinance. We shall respond to your request within 40 days.
Last Modified: September 2023